Wilbur Kurtz’s Archival Description:
(61) Tanyard Branch – Battlefield of Peachtree Creek
100 feet down stream stood Collier’s Hill. On the ridge adjacent and astride the branch was posted Con. (afterward President) Benjamin Harrison’s brigade, Ward’s Division, Federal 20th Corpe, which defended this position against the assault of the Confederate forces of Maj. Gen. Loring’s Div. of Stewart’s Corps – July 20, 1864.
(On bridge over Tanyard Branch – Collier Road. Tablet to be affixed to pipe rail of bridge or emplaced on stone at west end of bridge – in any event, it must be placed so the reader of same faces downstream)