Wilbur Kurtz’s Archival Description:
(62) Battlefield of Peachtree Creek – July 20, 1864
On this ridge was posted the left of Brig. Gen. John W. Geary’s Div. of the federal 20th Corps, consisting of the 73d, 109th, and 147th Pennsylvania Rgts. . . the 60th. And 119th New York Rgts. In support of Aleshire’s artillery. The right of the division was across the ravine northward.
After a severe conflict, they repulsed the vigorous assaults of Featherston’s and Scott’s brigades of Loring’s division, Stewart’s Corps. Geary’s division fought at Gettysburg.
(Roadside marker – Collier Road – north side of same – in front of vacant lot just west of the John Mangham place – a white brick house west of Tanyard Branch)