Wilbur Kurtz’s Archival Description:
(115) This house was built by Solomon Goodwin and his Indian neighbors in 1831. It still bears marks of vandalism by Federal soldiers who occupied the house in the summer of 1864.
(In yard of old Goodwin House – Goodwin’s Crossing – Peachtree Road – Across same from a group of stores. This house is a little south of Hospital 48 and is in land lot 239 of the 18th district, DeKalb County.)