Wilbur Kurtz’s Archival Description:
(59) Site of Atlanta’s first City Hall – 1853-1883. Used jointly by the Fulton County Courts. During the occupation of Atlanta by Federal troops, Sept, Nove, 1864, the 2d Mass. Regiment, constituting the Provost Guard, camped in temporary structures in the park. From here, Sept. 6, 1864, went forth the notice to the civilian populace to assemble for registration and eviction from the city.
(Yard of State Capitol)