Wilbur Kurtz’s Archival Description:
(4) This area, formerly known as Oglethorpe Park, was the site of the Cotton Exposition of 1881. While reporting the Exposition for the New York World, Walter Hines Page met Woodrow Wilson, then practising law in Atlanta. In 1913 President Wilson appointed Page Ambassador to the Court of St. James. The Exposition Cotton Mills were established here in 1882.
(Southside Marietta st. at Alamo Ave. – just beyond steel bridge over R.R. at Howell Station)