Wilbur Kurtz’s Archival Description:
(112) Site of the Residence of James M. Calhoun, Mayor of Atlanta, 1862-1865. Used as headquarters by Maj. General John W. Geary, division commander of the Federal 20th Corps, during the occupation of the city by federal forces, September 2nd – November 15, 1864.
(Southwest corner, Washington and Produce Row – the latter being a prolongation of Alabama Street.)
(112) General John W. Geary’s headquarters during occupation of City by the Federal forces. 1864. (Northwest corner Washington and Hunter Street) (E-6)