Site of a fort in line of City defense works during siege of Atlanta, July 22d – Aug, 25th, 1864. Occupied by Capt. James A. Hoskins Mississippi battery, supported by infantry of French’s div., Stewart’s Corps.
From this point extended, in a southwesterly direction, an additional line of fortifications constructed July 28th for the protection of the two railroads entering the city from West Point and Macon.
(Northeast corner Ashby and Fair Sts., S.W.)