Wilbur Kurtz Archival Description:
northwestern salient of the city fortifications during the siege of Atlanta, July 22d – Aug. 25th, 1864. Here was posted Capt. S. L. Barry’s battery.
(At Fort Hood Place, immediately north of Marietta St. Just above where Bankhead Highway joins. The hill where the fort was has been out through by Fort Hood Place – For no good reason – and all traces of the fort have disappeared)