Wilbur Kurtz Archival Description:
The Huff House- Erected 1855. Headquarters of Maj. T. R. Hotchkiss, Artillery battalion commander of Hardee’s Corps – Confederates., July 18-20, 1861. Occupied by Federal officers during siege of Atlanta – protected from destruction by the hoisting of a British Flag.
(70 Huff Road. Leave Marietta St. via steel bridge that carries Marietta Ca., interurban line over the W & A RR. – turn right into Huff Road at the end of the bridge)