Wilbur Kurtz Archival Description:
(39) This site, known in early Atlanta history as Kyle’s Corner, was the location of a store owned and operated by Thomas Kyle. At the first Atlanta city election, held here Jan. 29, 1848, Moses H. Formwalt was elected Mayor and as Council Members: James A Collins, Benj. F. Bomar, Robt. W. Bullard, Anderson W. Walton, L. C. Simpson and Jonas S. Smith.
(On the William-Oliver Bldg. at Five Points)